Weight Watcher points: 4
Preparation Time: 18 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate
These crunchy wontons are stuffed with a savory combination of crabmeat, cream cheese and vegetables.
* 2 sprays cooking spray
* 2 tsp olive oil
* 2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
* 2 medium scallion(s), minced
* 2 Tbsp snow peas, chopped
* 6 oz canned crabmeat, drained
* 4 oz light cream cheese
* 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
* 24 items wonton wrapper(s), half of a 12 oz package
* Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
* Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, scallions and snow peas and sauté until just tender, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in crabmeat, cream cheese and soy sauce with a wooden spoon; mix gently to combine.
* Place wonton wrappers on a flat surface. Drop crab mixture by teaspoonfuls onto the center of each wrapper. Dip a finger into water and use it to moisten edges of wrapper; fold over one corner of wrapper to make a triangle and press sides together to seal. Create decorative lines along the edges of the wontons by pressing the tines of a fork along the bottom edge of each wonton.
* Transfer filled wontons to prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Bake until wontons are golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes. Yields 4 pieces of crab rangoon per serving.
* Serve with reduced-sodium soy sauce mixed with chopped scallions or prepared sweet-and-sour or duck sauce, if desired. Just make sure to account for any increase in POINTS values.