In less than 10 minutes, this fiber-rich dish is ready for dinner. Serve with warm pitas or over basmati rice. You can top with a dollop of low-fat plain yogurt to contrast the earthy spices.
3 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups chickpea mixture) - 4 Weight Watcher Points
* 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
* 1 1/2 tablespoons bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
* 1 teaspoon olive oil
* 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons red curry powder (such as McCormick)
* 1 (19-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
* 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
* 4 cups fresh spinach
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
Combine onion and ginger in a food processor; pulse until minced.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion mixture, sugar, and curry to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Add chickpeas and tomatoes; simmer 2 minutes. Stir in spinach, water, and salt; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts.