|Weight Watcher POINTS® Value: 2 |
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
|Here’s a simple brunch or side dish. Change the flavor by adding mint or basil to the parsley. Or spice it up with red pepper flakes or diced chilies.|
- 7 small zucchini, trimmed and shredded*
- 2 sprays olive oil cooking spray
- 4 large egg(s), beaten
- 3/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp fresh oregano, minced or 1/4 tsp dried
- 1/3 cup parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- Steam, parboil or microwave shredded zucchini until soft but not mushy, about 2 to 7 minutes, depending on cooking method; drain thoroughly and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat a 9- X 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked zucchini, eggs, salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, feta cheese, Parmesan cheese and oil; pour into prepared baking dish. Bake until center sets, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before cutting into 12 pieces. Serve hot, warm or chilled. Yields 1 piece per serving.
- *Use a food processor or a mandolin to quickly and easily shred the zucchini. Or you can use the large holes of a box grater.