|Weight Watcher POINTS® Value: 2 |
Preparation Time: 7 min
Cooking Time: 16 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
|Serve this creamy side dish with grilled chicken, pork or beef. It's especially good made with fresh summer corn.|
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/4 cup scallion(s), minced
- 2 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, or fresh corn (no need to thaw frozen corn)
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free skim milk
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add scallions and sauté until soft, about 2 minutes. Add corn and sauté 1 minute to heat through (or slightly longer if using frozen corn). Add flour and stir to coat corn and scallions. Add milk and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, uncovered, until mixture thickens, about 10 to 12 minutes; season to taste with salt and pepper. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.