|Weight Watcher POINTS® Value: 2 |
Preparation Time: 18 min
Cooking Time: 45 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate
|Take the chill out of a cold winter night with this delicious, homey dish.|
- 1 sprays cooking spray
- 3 medium pear(s), peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole-grain wheat flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp unpacked brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine pears, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of flour, lemon juice and cinnamon in a large bowl; toss to coat pears and pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the remaining flours, remaining brown sugar and baking powder; cut in margarine with a pastry blender, or quickly with your fingertips, until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk and toss with a fork until flour mixture is moist.
- Drop four heaping tablespoons of dough onto pear mixture. Bake until crust is lightly browned and fruit is bubbly, about 40 to 45 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, dust with powdered sugar and cut into 6 pieces.