|Weight Watcher POINTS® Value: 2 |
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 35 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
|This is a delicious, low-calorie brunch or vegetable dish. Any dark green, such as kale or escarole, can be substituted for spinach.|
- 15 1/2 oz canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 10 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup regular egg substitute
- 1 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion(s), chopped
- 2 medium garlic clove(s), chopped
- 8 oz mushroom(s), sliced
- 3 slices reduced-calorie bread, torn in small pieces
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 9 x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil. In bowl combine beans, spinach, ricotta, egg substitute, salt and pepper.
- In nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add onion, garlic and mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are almost dry and begin to brown, 10 minutes. Add to bean mixture. Spoon into pan and even out top.
- Sprinkle bread over mixture; top with cheese. Bake until bread is toasted and spinach is warmed through, 25 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.