|Weight Watcher POINTS® Value: 2 |
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 12 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
|Whole-grain flour adds both a health and flavor-boost to these fantastic homemade favorites.|
- 2 sprays cooking spray
- 2/3 cup light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg(s)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole-grain wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, unbleached
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp fat-free skim milk
- 6 oz mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray or cover with parchment paper.
- Beat cream cheese and both sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer until sugar is fully incorporated (should not have granules); add egg and vanilla and blend again.
- Combine both flours, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Add half the flour mixture to the cream cheese mixture; beat until well incorporated. Add milk and remaining flour mixture; beat until fully blended and then fold in chips.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of dough onto prepared cookie sheet and press dough down with dampened fingers to form 1-inch cookies. Make sure to leave at least an inch between each cookie. Bake cookies until slightly golden on top, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 1 to 2 minutes; remove to a wire rack and cool completely. Yields 1 cookie per serving.
- Want to bake just a few cookies at a time? Roll the raw cookie dough into a log using wax paper and freeze it. To bake, just slice off a few cookies at a time and set them on a prepared cookie sheet. Increase the baking time by 1 to 2 minutes.