|POINTS® Value: 3 |
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 25 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
|For these delicious bars, if you don`t have pumpkin pie spice in your pantry, substitute 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon each of nutmeg, ginger and clove.|
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp reduced-calorie margarine, soft, at room teperature
- 1 cup canned pumpkin, puree
- 1 large egg(s)
- 1 large egg white(s)
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Lightly coat a 9x13-inch (23x33 cm) baking pan with cooking spray, then dust lightly with flour.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and margarine with an electric mixer; beat in egg, egg white, pumpkin purée and buttermilk.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Stir into pumpkin mixture just until moistened, then add cranberries and mix gently.
- Spread batter in pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until center springs back when gently pressed. Cool and cut into 18 bars.