Monday, November 07, 2005

Same Day...Different Story...


I attended one of the chats on the boards tonight. I honestly feel much better. There were many people on that confirmed what I had suspected --- the people that are successful are out living their life rather than be on the boards, so I'm not hearing the positive only the negative.

The stats show that the things I'm worried about are possible, but not likely. If I stay within the tolerance of the band (no throwing up), I won't have a slip. Does this mean I have to be perfect all the time? No, it simply means that I need to stop eating whatever it is when I am full. AND don't forget the eating slowly. This will be my biggest challenge as I am a fast eater.

Got an email from my dad today. As a general rule, I don't speak to him. Long boring drama-filled story. He wanted to know if I would come home for Thanksgiving. Well, definitely not happening this year because I am having the surgery and not telling anyone in my family. They just wouldn't understand and I don't want to listen to them. Therefore, not telling them. Digressing --- it's not so much a point about the invite here, but I guess that I have made a decision to not tell my family. Therefore, no visits home for me until after the band is in place and I am adjusted to it. Maybe next year for a visit...

No comments: