Monday, November 07, 2005

Different Day...Same Story...


Well, I continue to read, read, read on this band. The frustrating thing is that the documentation that I find is not consistent. Get this - I was given a bunch of information from my surgeon, well I went and looked on my doc's website and it turns out it doesn't even match to what I was given! Very frustrating. You can try to make an informed decision, but I guess you have to figure out what information you use to get informed.

I continue to troll or 'lurk' on the message boards. Today there was another person that suffers from erosion. I guess it is a 3 in 100 chance to have the complication. Serious stuff.

Then the new item I am mulling around today. For one year I am covered for all adjustments for free. After that I have to pay. Trying to figure out if once a year is enough for a check-up or if two a year makes more sense to make sure everything is going OK. Can't find this information anywhere. My list of questions for the surgeon continues to grow. The poor guy isn't gonna know what hit him!

Got up this morning and went for a walk again! Yeah me. Didn't do the full 3 miles because it takes too much time, but figure I did do 2 miles. 2 more than I usually do. Stating the obvious - I'm outta shape. I can feel it in my quads. Pathetic. Oh well, gotta start somewhere. Again. My plan is to continue with the walking and do that during recovery. Then, when cleared, add in aerobics.

Man, I wish I could find someone else that is like me (30's, single, etc.) that is going through or considering this to be my buddy...Anybody out there?

Didn't weigh today...
Ate pre-op diet...
Walked approx. 2 miles for exercise...
9 days til surgery...

No comments: