Sunday, November 06, 2005

Erosion, slippage, arrrrggghhh!



Yes, I am having one of those days again. It seems like everyone has a slip and some have had erosion. The erosion concerns me because it could take years to happen. It doesn't seem that the band has been around long enough to really know what happens long term. What will happen 10-20+ years down the road?

Oh my goodness! Should I or shouldn't I??? What will my life be like after having this done? By life, I mean eating, etc. Not my 'life' life. My life itself will be exactly the same it is now unless I do something to change it. Changing my life doesn't involve the band. The band is only a TOOL to keep the weight off. It is also not a magic bullet. I will still have to work at it, exercise, etc. Is it worth the risks?

So, guess what I did today? I went for a 3-mile walk. Yep, wasn't going to be focusing on exercise yet (focusing on the pre-op diet), but woke up this morning with not much to do so I went ahead put my shoes on and there I went. Wasn't too bad. Might even go again tomorrow. I'll see how I feel.

10 days til surgery...

No comments: