Sunday, November 27, 2005

Back to work...


Luckily I was able to take a week and 1/2 off from work. I don't think I needed it and could have gone back earlier, but regardless I think it was good for the overall healing process.

My sticky stuff - steri-strips? - are off my incisions. The icky glue stuff is still on there. It is powerful stuff that I can't seem to get off with lightly rubbing and using some mild soap. Since the strips were supposed to stay on for three weeks --- sigh, I did help them along a bit --- they itched like all get out, I am just going to leave the goo where it is. I read that nail polish remover will take it off, but I'm not putting that anywhere near my incisions! I think at 3 weeks if it hasn't worn off on its own, I'll use some rubbing alcohol.

The incisions themselves have healed very nicely! I don't think any of them will be noticeable once they are fully healed and I am in bikini shape. That will give them plenty of time to lighten up as well. Yes, a bikini is in my future again!

Well not much to report. Just been taking it easy and eating what I'm supposed to even though I swear I could move on to the next stage of the diet. Just not going to do it. Patience is key.

If I can just get past the worry over my port. I guess I could call tomorrow, but might as well just wait until my check-up with the surgeon.

Officially:
20 pounds down (still)
Not as hungry today
No restriction
11 days post op
2 days to mushies

No comments: