Monday, November 03, 2008

Self Sabatoge?

So, Friday was Halloween as you know. I was planning to go out (dressed up) with a group of friends. I had not slept well the night before and was an idiot and did not go to the gym first thing in the morning (I wanted to get work rolling). Once I finished with work though, I had to get some running around in to finish up my costume. By the time everything was done it was late afternoon. I decided to take a nap instead of getting in a workout. It was a holiday after all, right?

That night I had some drinks, but managed to stay away from food and only had 3 pieces of candy. (Yeah me! Candy is my personal weakness and has no effect on the band.) But on Saturday, I was tired --- we stayed up until about 4am. So, you guessed it - I didn't work out. Then I didn't work out on Sunday either!!! And I had a couple drinks on Saturday AND on Sunday. Sunday I also had 4 buffalo wings and a few nachos. See where this is going????

I seriously had to wonder just a bit if I am self-sabatoging? I am 2.5lbs from my goal weight of 143 where I was previously and for some reason I get whacky when I get close. THEN, as if that isn't enough, I seriously forgot it was Monday today and didn't weigh in! This is no lie. I was on vacation today and just didn't think about it (or didn't want to). When I did remember I had already taken a shower and my hair was wet. No way (pardon the pun!) was I weighing at that point. I have to weigh first thing. I don't care that by the end of the day I probably weigh more. All that matters is that first weigh in.

I have a litany of excuses - I had been working out like a fiend for months with 1 day a week off. My body could use a break. Plus I didn't eat the 29 lbs of candy that I really wanted to. AND I had brought some of the candy home and I GAVE it to my friend the next day. (That's another yeah me!)

Here's the week's exercise...Thinking I'll weigh in tomorrow, but it is the dreaded Tuesday and as I previously posted, I personally decided that Tuesday weigh-ins are evil and changed my official day to Monday. Maybe I'll just wait until next Monday...
  • Mon - 112 mins
  • Tues - 70 mins
  • Wed - 92 mins
  • Thurs - 92 mins
  • Fri - REST - Holiday, Right?
  • Sat - Off - Day After Holiday
  • Sun - Off - Day After After Holiday

lapband bandster fill

No comments: