Friday, November 07, 2008

Stuck? Irritated? Swollen?

OK - Yesterday I ate something that I think I didn't chew well enough. I'm not sure, but something happened. I didn't really feel like there was anything stuck in my band, but when I tried to eat, I thought that I was just really tight. That might have been it too. Honestly it's hard to know. Regardless, it led to a whole bunch of barfing (what is referred to as 'PB' or 'productive burping', but at the end of the day is really just barfing). It went on for quite some time. I did what I was supposed to and did not eat or drink. After a number of hours, I did have something to drink and it went down fine. Then I went to bed.

This morning everything seemed fine. I was able to drink some hot tea and just felt a little tight. Figured this was just irritation. I recently had some oatmeal, which from a lap band perspective is a soft food. I had a couple bites and while I am not barfing, I feel VERY tight and full. Again, I am hoping it is residual from the episode last night, but most bandsters will tell you that it does a number on your mind and you start thinking bad thoughts. Has my band slipped? What the hell? etc. It's not nice.

I am doing my best to focus on the fact that after all this time, it is highly unlikely that it is anything other than a result of the episode last night and me being sick. (I thought if I wrote about it out here, it might also help!) So, I am going to put myself on liquids today and soft foods tomorrow. I'll see how it goes and post out updates now and then. Man there have been a lot of 'ughs' lately, but this is another one. So, UGH!

lapband bandster fill

No comments: