Thursday, November 13, 2008

Still Sick

Well, unfortunately I am still sick. I am starting to feel better, but have had no appetite at all and am very tired. I have been forcing myself to eat and have continued to do workouts (doctor said I could if I was up to it!). I am hoping that I'll be able to shake it for good by the end of the weekend when I will have taken all of my antibiotics. I do think I'll be bumping back the number of days that I workout and refuse to feel bad about it. I have to work on that a bit. Here's my exercise so far this week -
  • Mon - 80 mins
  • Tues - 90 mins
  • Wed - 80 mins
I was talking to a friend that goes to Weight Watchers. She was telling me about how one of the discussions was that it is very difficult to switch from losing to maintaining. I can't stress how much I agree with that. In some weird way, I guess that losing gives you something to target and achieve and for me obsess on :-). Switching to maintaining is just weird. I think it is part of the reason that I thought what the hell - I'll take a bit more off. I am going to have to think about how I am going to make this shift. It is going to take more thought though than I have energy today, so look for more on that another time.

On the lap band front, I have found that being sick has made me very tight. Even though I am not eating much at a time, I am feeling tight and have even had a couple bouts of heartburn (reflux). As someone that NEVER had heartburn before my lap band, I do attribute it to the band. I am in no way too tight as there is so little in my band, it's just being sick. I don't recall being sick sick in the past 3 years of having my band, so this is a new experience.

No comments: