Friday, August 05, 2011

No Excuses!

I have a race tomorrow. Here's a list of some of the reasons why I shouldn't do the race.
  • My friend bailed and is no longer doing it with me.
  • It's hot.
  • My husband has said to me that I don't have to do the race if I don't want to. Translation - he won't be mad if I just skip it and the registration fee is forfeited.
  • It's really hot.
  • My back is still sore.
Now for the reasons why I should do the race:
  • While my friend isn't going, we weren't going to be together once the race starts anyway. Bottom line: this is just an excuse. I need to get over it.
  • It's hot. Sure it's hot, but it's not as hot as later in the day and I have been doing bootcamps in this heat the entire summer. A 5K is much easier than a bootcamp for me. Bottom line: this is just an excuse. I need to get over it.
  • Married life has been a huge adjustment for both me and my husband, but we have both been putting in a lot of effort. That effort though has paid off ten fold. He's my biggest fan and supporter. Bottom line: this is very supportive of my husband, but I can't use it as an excuse. I need to get over it. 
  • While my back is sore, it's doing much better. Plus, it doesn't hurt when I jog. Bottom line. This is just an excuse.I won't be hitting my 27 min pace and need to take it easy ignoring my pace (plus it's hot!) and I just need to get over it.  
  • I am a racing shirt phobia person. I won't be able to wear the shirt if I don't do the race. 
Bottom line: No excuses. I'm over it and I will be doing the race. Suck it up buttercup!
Buttercup P0wepuff Girl

10 comments:

Dawnya said...

I knew you were going to do it. That's why you no longer have any fluff!!

Stay hydrated my buttercup!!

Anonymous said...

I love how you just talked yourself into it. Bravo.

Beth Ann said...

OMG, we even have practically the same post this morning!! :) You are totally going to do it and you are totally going to kick bunny butt!

Laura Belle said...

Damn Straight!

Go get 'em tiger!

Stephanie M. said...

Yay! Good for you. Skipping it would be easy but forget easy. You are a rockstar!

Jody V said...

Good luck Fluffy!

Justawallflower said...

You are such an inspiration! There are lots of excuses that I need to "get over", and I plan to. That's why I start boot camp on Monday! Yay!

As for sitting for my conceal carry permit, I have not done it yet. I am hoping to start going an getting familiar with a weapon again (I haven't shot anything in a few years) in the next week or so. I'm not in a rush to get my permit, I'll do it when I feel I am ready. But definitely before November, which is my anniversary, and when my husband is buying me my own handgun, and I want to be licensed by then.

Elizabeth said...

Good for you :)
http://insidevoutside.blogspot.com/

Rhonda said...

I had a feeling you were gonna do it! :)

Cat said...

So very proud of you for making the decision to do it! Like Beth Ann said, it's uncanny how similar your two posts were!