I'm not going to lie. This week has really beat me down and I'm worn out. I'm just at a super high stress level and when I am it leads to a bunch of other stupid thoughts. I have learned though THE BEST way to control eating. My secret? Just have a TMJ flare up to the point that your jaw hurts so much that you can't chew! To help alleviate this, I've been asked to wear my guard all the time that I can and to reduce my stress (duh). It's clear and really unnoticeable until I talk and sound like I have a bit of a lisp, but still quite lovely. I kinda wish it was neon and glowed though. I just think it'd lead to some entertaining looks and who knows what people would say.
What have I done to manage the stress?
- Verbalized it to my husband. It's not really talking because I don't have enough information to talk at this point vs. just to say "I'm feeling super stressed". But for me, this is progress. Historically I have always internalized (or hidden from) my feelings.
- Went to camp as planned...every. single. day. I'll tell you it was a struggle. My sleep has sucked and I have a bad case of the don't wannas, but I knew the exercise would help me, so I dragged my a$$ there. Sometimes it just comes to that. Alarm goes off and it would be oh so easy to hit snooze or set it to a later time, but nope. Get up and get out!
- I have been tossing around the idea of running another half this year. For now, I've decided that training for it would just add to my stress and I'd probably not enjoy it with where my head is at currently. There's still plenty of time to make a final decision, but now is not the right time. (If there are any other b00bs training for a half in December, please let me know. I figure if I am I might need to do a 7-8 mile run while in Chi....*cough* hangover permitting. I like to plan ahead.)
- Made healthy choices. Having to eat soft foods/liquids is not my preferred method. I get the most satisfaction from eating "real" food and my bandster portions. To help, I went to the store and got a selection of soups that sounded good and some new flavors of yogurt. It's restaurant week here in Dallas, we're going to a fancy restaurant tonight so I'm hoping that all this babying of my stupid jaw will pay off and I'll be able to eat something!
- I saw on a few blogs "formal night" and getting clothes to wear. I saw that and my reaction was "whhhaaaaatttt?". Started thinking, hell I've got nothing to wear and it could still be 123 degrees here when I leave for Chi, but who knows what the temp will be there. What will I wear? etc. etc. Eh, I'll figure it out. I just repeat to myself that it's a great opportunity for shoes and it brings comfort to me. ;)
- My blog doesn't really contain much personal information other than about this journey. I start thinking things like "whoa, nobody is going to know me" and other thoughts on that same theme. Yes, stupid. I will just have to make sure that I introduce myself and to force myself to reach out to people (it's kinda like that feeling thing).
- And last, but not least, .... come on - somebody must also be thinking some of these same things! ---- I'm seen live and in person and I start wondering what the gals will think. "She could still stand to lose a few" "There's no way she weighs what she says she does" "She doesn't look that fit" "She's not as 'small' as I thought she'd be"....yep, I recognize these are MY insecurities surfacing and there may be only 1 or 2 people that think any of these things (seriously joking), but even if there is. Oh well, out of my control. It is what it is.