I was thinking a lot about this at camp this morning while I was cussing my way through intervals and thought I'd note down some of my thoughts:
- Man, I #)(@*#$)($* hate intervals!
- Evil (hot) Trainer: "Pick it up Fluffy. I know you hate intervals." Fluffy
: "Hey, a$$hat, thanks for calling me out in front of 40 people. How about you come over here and let me chase you? Until I catch you and beat you a bit...or a lot"
- O-M-G! We still aren't done.
- Excuuuuussseee me? Stair intervals today.&(@#*$&(&# (The stairs are a quarter mile away. Sure, let's just jog right on over!)
- It's )(@#*$)@#*$ hot.
- How you liking that crap eating from this past weekend NOW, Fluffy?
- Evil (hot) Trainer: "Good job Fluffy. I know you hate intervals, but I'm here to make you do stuff you don't like." Fluffy: "Ya, but it doesn't make me want to kill you any less while I'm doing it." (Yep, told him that. He laughed and knows I'm joking...kinda sorta)
- Other variations on the same have been said all week and will continue for the remainder. Oh yes, it's intervals all week. 400m sprints anyone? (Oh not to worry. It's "only" 3x400; 3x200; 3x100. #@&*^$*^)
- No excuses. It's hard for me to come up with a really valid excuse at 5am vs. the plethora I can come up with at other times of the day. Oh ya, I can rationalize day time excuses like a champ!
- There's crap I just don't like, but I have to do to progress my fitness level. It's just a fact. I bitch, but I just do it (tee hee---n-ike). I focus on the benefits and get over it---while cussing my way through : )
- Things I do not like, I will not do on my own. I might have good intentions, but I won't push myself the way I do at camp. So I have to find a group activity where it's included and I am forced to do it.
- How my body has changed!