Sunday, April 24, 2011

Date Night!

So, I had a really cute date, blah blah blah....but let's talk about the food! (HA!) We had wanted to go to Seasons 52 for some time. The restaurant changes part of its menu seasonally and all dishes are under 475 calories. Oh, but rest assured, it sounds impressive stat wise, but you can easily eat a lot of calories --- it's under 475 per entree. So, appetizer, main, and dessertS later, the calories can add up. Foreshadowing???? Yep, but I thought I'd provide an example of a "splurge" meal for me.

My husband and I split the appetizers. A steak flatbread and crab/shrimp stuffed mushrooms. Then we had an entree --- he had lamb and I had filet. What did I really eat? Two triangles of the very thin yummy flatbread, two of crab/shrimp stuffed mushrooms, about 1/4 of the filet and some of the mashed potatoes.

Then...
DESSERT! Love the little servings. Um, but I (yes, me!) selected 4 of the shots. I just couldn't decide and man was it worth it! We split them and they were worth every single calorie. I'd estimate everything I ate that night at about 1000 calories, but no worries. This was a splurge meal.

Weekly Round Up
  • 5 bootcamps
  • 0 runs
  • Calories: 3043
And a NSV - White capris!!!

To those that celebrate - Happy Easter!

4 comments:

Cat said...

OMG those dishes look devine! So glad you enjoyed. Also Woo hoo girl, those capris are SO cute. Congrats on those!

Justawallflower said...

Every once in a while you just have to splurge on the calories! It looks really good! And love the capris!

Sam said...

That looks very yummy :o) And the capris look great on you!!

Beth Ann said...

I'm going to have to pick that for one of my Interesting Dinner nights. Looks fun!