Wednesday, April 13, 2011

C-a-n-d-y has entered the house!

And that isn't a lady named Candy. It's candy. MMM, sugar, fat, chewy, chocolate goooooddddnnneeeesssss. It wasn't a problem....at first. But when it's in the house it TALKS to me. Seriously: "hey, over here", "yoooo hoooo", "I know you know I'm here"; "Come on! Come EAT ME!".

My husband doesn't eat it, so there is no reason for it to be in the house. When I want some, I get a small pack or bar or whatever and that's it. It's OK for me to eat crap now and then, but a bag in my house once opened will slowly disappear over time.

*SIGH*

And yes, my husband thinks I'm nuts. He just doesn't get it. He says, "just go have some and be done with it." Oh sure, if it was only so easy. Side bar: how the hell is it that he just doesn't really like candy???? THAT is not normal! tee hee

Anyway, I was obsessing and denying myself which doesn't work for me. If I want it, then have it. I measured out a serving and that's what I had to eat. I remembered that I had seen some snippet of the skinny chick's (the housewife chick) book that said that after the first couple of bites you don't really taste it anymore. And somewhere else I had read or heard (in my own words) that if you are in the zone of eating you need to break the cycle by disruption; like having a glass of water. Hell, all this probably came to mind because I had been obsessing so long.

I decided I'd have half of what was there and then some hot tea that I enjoy. If I wanted more fine, if not, then also fine. And, SHOCKER, I had my tea and was done. I put the rest back in the bag and threw it in the freezer where it remains. It's now "hey, over here", "yoooo hoooo", "I know you know I'm here"; "Come on! Come EAT ME!". I have no problem at all throwing away crap, so if the talking continues, to the trash it goes.

HEAR THAT CANDY? Shut up or I'm throwing you OUT!

3 comments:

Cat said...

I love that you were able to satisify the craving and were able to actually stop eating at half the serving you measured for yourself. Keep up the good work. Moderation is the key!

Justawallflower said...

Oh, I have had that same conversation with the junk in my house! And I have thrown it out! I would have YELLED at someone in the past for throwing out perfectly good junk food! Good for you for resisting going overboard!

Beth Ann said...

Woohoo! That's awesome! I've been great giving up the chocolate for Lent, but I'm almost fearing Easter at this point. Ha!