Wednesday, February 02, 2011

GULP!

It's Ice Day 2 here. Most companies are closed for a 2nd day - including mine. Oh, but the fun has increased, now we are in rolling brown outs of 10-45 mins! I have yet to experience one, but friends are getting them and they are lasting more like an hour. The temp is in the teens and with the wind chill is sub zero. They aren't expecting it to get above freezing until Friday. And yep, this isn't "bad" for a lot of people, but for Texas this is very extreme weather.

Unfortunately this has also meant that bootcamp was cancelled yesterday and today. I'm thinking it's possible that it might be for the rest of the week. I have a bootcamp and a run in for the week, but I better consider a video or something.

What better way to spend my time, then to suck it up and register for the half in March????


GULP!!!!!

4 comments:

Justawallflower said...

I submitted a couple applications in Dallas yesterday and got one automatic reply back saying the offices were closed due to the weather! I couldn't believe it! I didn't realize Dallas got that kind of weather! Good luck with the marathon!

Silverhairedgoddess said...

sorry about the weather - I have been listening to the news these last few days and it is really bad - so many people being effected by it - hope that you will get some relief soon !

Angela said...

Yay for you! My half is coming up at the end of the month and I am getting excited! I am about to go crazy with this weather!!!! We have only had one blackout so far so that is a blessing. Stay warm! We need to meet up again soon.

Angi said...

Yew can dew it!! I'm doing my first 1/2 this year too! Luckily mine's not till May 1st. I don't envy you with all the cold weather training. Good luck!!