Friday, February 04, 2011

Deja SNOW?

Have you heard the slogan everything's bigger in Texas? Well, I guess that also applies to the weather. The forecast was for a "dusting" of snow. Well, 6-7 inches later the "dusting" has stopped, but another inch is expected. Good grief! Originally we were supposed to be out of this by today, but another front developed. I can't remember a streak of below freezing days (teens actually) in the entire time I've lived here. They are saying it will get above freezing tomorrow at 11am.

There is no way to drive on the residential roads by my house and the highways are a mess. All the snow is on them because nothing melted (and don't forget the ice from a couples days ago that wasn't cleared). So, I'm pretty much housebound again today. There's just not the equipment to deal with snow here and the last thing to be dealt with are the side streets. Ironically, before this storm hit I actually went to the store. Normally I just figure there's no way it's going to be that bad. I'm glad I didn't this time.

It sucks big time for the SuperBowl though. Flights have been cancelled all over the place and there were and continue to be huge events planned throughout the metroplex, but I'm not sure how people will get there. Definitely not what people expected for a SuperBowl here.

Oh, and did I forget to tell you that we had rolling blackouts the other day? Fun, huh?!

Oh look, it's snowing again! *sigh*



No comments: