Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Whoa - I'm a S-T-U-D!


OK, probably a bit of an exaggeration, but I am on a roll with the exercising! Let's recap...

  • Saturday - 50 mins elliptical
  • Sunday - 50 mins elliptical
  • Monday - 45 mins elliptical
  • Tuesday - 50 mins elliptical

I thought about why and I have to tell you that knowing that I am going to be reporting it on my blog has seriously helped. Monday I didn't want to go (welllll, do I ever really 'want' to go? NO, but you know what I mean.). I told myself that I'd have to put on my blog that I didn't exercise and there was absolutely no reason for me to not go and put in 30 mins. And then I get there - still hating it - but there are so many people around that I feel pressured to work out longer than 30 mins. All of this works for me - even if it is mind manipulation :)

Today wasn't a struggle to go though. I just asked myself - would I rather get the weight off or sit on the couch. Getting the weight off won. I hope to have more of these days. I am going to a wedding on June 3 and plan to reward myself with a cute new outfit for the event. That's about 16 weeks away, so I am targeting an average of 1.5 pounds per week to be solidly in the 170's then.

Man oh man, I am hoping for a loss tomorrow. I am 3 lbs shy of the 40 pound mark and feel like I am due for a big drop. I really want to hit 40 pounds because the 16th is my 3-month bandiversary. Please oh please weight loss fairies - please make a stop at my house and carry away some of my weight!

2 comments:

Jessica6903 said...

Isn't it amazing what a little blogging can do? It's another layer of accountability -- Keep up the good work.

It's also motivation for lazy ones like me who can't see to get the ball rollin'

Serena said...

You are doing so great. Sitting on the couch is winning out for me lately.

Serena