Sunday, February 12, 2006

Weekend Activities


I made it to the gym both Saturday and Sunday - Yeah! I put in 60mins on the elliptical both days. I belong to 24hr Fitness - cardio equipment is upstairs and weights are down. While I was plugging away on the elliptical, I was gazing downstairs at the weights. I realize that I need to add weights to my routine. I had a good weight routine that I need to try and locate in my pit of an office. It is the basics that I need to do to work out the core muscle groups. BUT if anyone knows of any websites that have good workouts, please send them my way.

Overall my eating and exercise has been excellent. The ridiculous part is that I am not getting to my goal on liquids. This is ridiculous because prior to the 'attitude adjustment' overall fluids were good. Sometimes I wonder if I am doomed to not be able to get all three of my goals going at once, but I will NOT give up.

I have been reading a ton of blogs. There are a lot of good ones out there. So many that I am working on a BlogRoll - assuming I can figure it out - that I plan to add to my blog. Up until this point, I have just been trying to remember where they are - I know I could use my Favorites, but I just haven't.

I have to admit though that I have developed some Blog Pet Peeves...I hate blogs that I can't figure out how to navigate through them easily - I just find it to take too much effort and move on. The other thing - blogs that launch music when you view the blog. I find this to be the most annoying thing that can be put on a blog. I am there to read what is posted not to hear a bunch of noise. Seriously, even if I like the music, I find it irritating and immediately close the blog. Just my two cents...

4 comments:

Jessica6903 said...

That is too funny. I don't think I've been to a blog that plays music, but I could see where that would be annoying!

What is a blog roll?

Congrats on the workouts. I enjoy Weight Lifting classes (PUMP is my favorite -- it uses a body bar). I find that I push myself more when I'm in front of others (not sure why), but they have some good ones at work and also at our park district.

Fluffy said...

Jessica - If I could remember one of them, I'd point you to a blog, lucky for me I can't though ;)

http://www.blogrolling.com is the website for creating a blog roll. It is supposed to be an easy way to manage the links to other blogs that we have. I haven't quite figured it out yet, but in theory it sounds pretty cool - check it out.

I also find that I get a better workout with others. That's why I go to the gym - 'cause I have workout crap here at my house as well. I checked out classes like the one you recommend, but the times of the classes just do not work for me. There is no way that I could come home from work and then have a TWO hour break and get my rump to the gym. I have to go right after work or it just doesn't happen.

Fluffy

Serena said...

I totally agree about music on blogs. I can't stand it. What makes the people who put music on their blogs think that I am not already listening to something anyway.

Serena

Jessica6903 said...

Alright -- I checked out blogrolling.com and it looks too hard :) Whenever I find some people I like, I just add them to my favorites in my BLOGS folder. If after a few posts, I don't like you anymore, you get deleted :)

Anyways, I love reading everyone's blogs and I think I'm a bit obsessed.