Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Ta Daaa! It happened! :o)


I weighed in at 198.5! Yippeee! Can you believe it? That is a 4 pound loss this week?!? Stats: 35.5 lbs down. That's my update for now.

Some responses to comments...

Jessica - you crack me up! ElastiGirl got on your nerves...lol. I have changed the link on the side. Keep up the diligence on working toward your goals. I'm with you on the scales - I use my home scale as my 'official' weight because I weigh heavier on every other one. I wonder what I'd do if I weighed less? ;)

Rhonda - My fellow Texan! Yes, please feel free to include a link to my blog if you want. I guess I broke protocol and should have asked you if I could include yours on mine. Hope it is OK?

First - you are doing awesome! Keep up the good work! Try not to get discouraged - I know it is easier said than done. I think you just need to try some tweaking. Here are my thoughts...

In regard to your question, and these are just my thoughts, prior to getting another fill, I would make sure your calorie intake is a minimum of 1000 calories a day. If not, I'd increase it to 1000 and see what happens with your weight. The standard response applies - it works for me and might not for you, but I think it is worth a shot prior to getting another fill. By the way, I was banded 11/16, so we are close together on our journey. (Are you getting hungry between meals right now? Are you exercising? -- these are also things I would consider before getting another fill.)

My typical day consists of: venti non-fat latte (210 calories); a Post CarbWell breakfast bar (140); lunch - it varies - but it is likely 200 - 250 calories (estimated); snack sometimes if hungry - 4-8 lowfat wheat thins and laughing cow cheese (135) [this usually depends on how big my lunch was]; dinner - again something around the 200 calorie range - I'm lazy so sometimes this is just tuna (a can with fat-free mayo) or a cup of Wolf Brand Chili - the turkey kind with beans that is something like 98% fat-free. All in all it is around 1000 calories that I am eating. Some days a little more and others less.

Things that I find that work for me:
Venti non-fat latte - expensive, but it gets in calcium and protein at once and is hot so has no problem going down in the morning
Post CarbWell cereal bars - lots of flavors - these are cheapest at Walmart
Low-fat wheat thins
Laughing Cow or any other kind of lowfat cheese - i find these are easier to control the portion size so I use them. You can find this in different flavors as well - I have just been getting them at Albertsons
Tuna/Salmon
Wolf Brand Chili
Texas Caviar - love the stuff
Lean Cuisine / Weight Watcher frozen dinners - these are a good size and are relatively inexpensive, so I have been trying these and seeing what works. I'm not so tight, so in the evenings I am pretty open and this allows me more flexibility on what I eat
Green beans

Please let me know if you (or anyone else for that matter) has any questions. Most of the time this really seems to be like a science experiment that we all have to figure out!

2 comments:

Jessica6903 said...

Congrats on getting out of the 200's! What a huge milestone. Last year sometime I was on Weight Watchers and got down to 202, freaked out and gained it all back. I couldn't seem to get over that hurdle! I agree with Rhonda..take the time to reward yourself. Thanks for the great post. I often wonder what types of food I will be eating after I'm banded.

Serena said...

Thanks for posting what you eat. That was interesting.