Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Need a Fill?


Not much has been happening. I was supposed to go out of town on business for the week, but it ended up being cancelled. That was OK with me. I was not looking forward to the lunches and dinners. I feel more comfortable being able to control what I eat right now as I am still getting the hang of things.

I have been going to Jazzercise. Tomorrow is my weigh in. Stayed the same last week, so if I don't lose at least a pound tomorrow I *might* consider a fill. I will need to review the questions in Jessie H Ahroni's book - Laproscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding -- Achieving Permanent Weight Loss with Minimally Invasive Surgery - and answer those honestly to determine if I am doing my part. I'm not going to worry about it today and will address it tomorrow.

I am somewhat worried though (ha! didn't I say I wasn't going to worry?) on waiting too long to get a fill. So, with all of what I have said above, I might go ahead and schedule a fill for a couple of weeks from now and cancel if needed. Geez - this adjustment business is tricky! I know they would give me one if I want it, but I don't want to get too tight. I am still learning how to eat slower and chew more. I don't want to be tighter and end up sliming/pb'ing more.

Things I'm pondering...
I am making healthy food choices in good portion sizes and am not getting hungry in between. Good = no fill
I can't eat white bread, fibrous vegies (haven't tried), and no large portions. Good = no fill
I might be struggling to lose. Will know this tomorrow. Based on the two items above, I should probably increase activity and monitor food intake more prior to getting a fill.
I am NOT gaining weight. Fingers crossed - will know for sure tomorrow, but don't think so.

No comments: