Friday, July 29, 2011

I heart this stuff!

http://www.nobrew.com/
After 897923 days of 100+ weather (OK, but I think today might be 30 days in a row!), hot coffee or tea is a bit hard to drink. Enter iced coffee. But not just any iced coffee, but cold dripped New Orleans style. Sure, I could get my own chicory coffee and make my own cold brewed coffee, but for those of you that don't know, I'm l-a-z-y. Seriously, no joke.

Plus I have rationalized the heck out of the expense. I'd have to get the coffee and spend time making it. shudder. When I calculate that (bet you didn't know that my time is worth 5 bucks a minute, huh?) this stuff is a bargain! And don't forget, this stuff is from New Orleans. I'm sure a real cajun even brews it!

Depending on the strength you like, it's a 1 part of the coffee to 2 to 3 parts of water or water/milk or milk. Personally, I use water/milk with some blue sweetener, throw in some ice and voila! Pure cold coffee yumminess!

What? You need more reasons??? Throw this stuff in a blender, some fake sweetener of your choice, and blend away and you have a frap...add some vanilla and you have a vanilla frap...add some cocoa and you have a mocha...you can even slide in some protein powder if ya wanna! The possibilities are endless.

So, hurry out and get some! I can find it at Whole Paycheck, but if you can't locate it ask your local store to get some stat or order it online.

PS. I have no affiliation with this stuff at all. I just think it's great.

PSII or PSS or whatever - I broke my Star bucks habit by getting my Keurig...so far this newly developed habit has remained under the radar from the husband....cause I do the shopping! : )

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Argh! I did not need to know this! I love cold brewed coffee so much more than regular. I never have the time to make it so I just don't drink it. If it's this easy to get I will drink WAY more!

PS. Thanks! I ordered some! :)

Beth Ann said...

I cold brew coffee every week for BFF and me to have at work. I agree that it is so much better. Our favorite is Community Hazelnut. I may have to check this out. :)

Laura Belle said...

I *heart* chicory! THE. BEST. THING. EVER!

I'm going to New Orleans in Oct and i'm bringing one suitcase just to stock up on Cafe du Monde chicory.

Yummers!

Stephanie M. said...

I LOVE my Keurig! A freshly brewed coffee anytime? Yes please. (Off to make another cup...hmmm...pumpkin spice or chocolate glazed donut flavor?...decisions decisions.)

Steph said...

I am an iced coffee junkie. I used to be addicted to Dunkin Donuts coffee (I swear they mix a bit of crack in it!) but I now make my own at home...I've never had Chickory coffee. Is that a N.O thing?

vickyd said...

Living in New Orleans I get spoiled by the coffee...whenever I get coffee out of town I can't believe how week it is...LOL!