"You’ll come down from the Lurch with an unpleasant bump. And the chances are, then, that you’ll be in a Slump. And when you’re in a Slump, you’re not in for much fun. Un-slumping yourself is not easily done."
That pretty much describes where I'm at. I am dragging. Feeling tired and worn out. I've come from the Lurch and I'm in a Slump. And ya know what? It's NOT much fun and getting out of it is NOT easily done. Frustrating! I mean let's be real --- quoting from a kids book? I don't have any kids? It has me a tad bit concerned! : )
So I'm in the process of un-slumping.
- Step 1: Acknowledge the Slump. (Done - Hi Slump! and this blog post.)
- Step 2: Figure out what is causing the slump (Done - I think - burned out on work, have not had a vacation in years, needing some time to recharge)
- Step 3: Ask for help. (Done - Spoke to hubby.)
- Step 4: Determine plan for un-slumping. (Immediate need: Some downtime. aka ME time. Hubby is also feeling like he's in Slumpville.)
- Step 5: Execute Plan. (Determined to find ME time this weekend. "Hey, ME time! Wanna do something this weekend?")
- Step 6: Say good-bye to Slump 'cause there will be NO "waiting" or "staying". (Hopefully quite soon I'll be saying "Bye Slump! Hope not to see you for a while!")
Fact: "Slumps Happen". What do you do when you're in a Slump?