Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Up 1/2 pound & Stage 3 Diet


Yep, I'm up 1/2 pound. Why? That is the zillion dollar question. I reviewed what I have been eating and 1 chocolate sundae is not going to make or break an entire week. If I average what I am eating, I am at 1,000-1,100 calories per day. Limited exercise. Water intake good. Overall, not the explanation.

So, the next question is where I am in my cycle. Another reason for my blog because I don't know! Here is how my body works though - assuming a normal 4 week cycle - 1&2 can see weightloss, week 3 - forget it, week 4 - depends. I am *guessing* based on my recollection of my last period that I might be in week 3.

Am I rationalizing the weight gain? Maybe, but overall when I add up calories and basal metabolic rate, the math does not add up to extra calories in what I have consumed. I am not going to worry about it. Yeah right, it is so easy to put that here, but in reality it is harder. But that is what I am going to do and see what the scale says next week and if I get my period.

The good news is that I officially start Stage 3 of the post op diet. Essentially, I can eat pretty much anything, I am just supposed to introduce things slowly and of course follow the rules. (Want more detail on Stage 3? Do a search of my blog and the post will come up.)

I have to say that I am a little down about the scale, but I still have a 23 pound loss and need to remember that.

My appetite has really fluctuated. In the morning, I am not really very hungry. I have a venti, decaf, non-fat, 3 Equal latte (say that 3 times fast!) to start the morning and to get in my calcium for the day. (200 calories) I am pretty much OK until lunch. Lunch is when I am hungriest--- not so much so that I think I need to add something to my latte, just seems to be the hungriest time of the day. My portions are much larger than what I was having since banding, yet smaller than what I was pre-band. Then at dinner, the hunger is more than the morning, but less than lunch time.

Do I think I need a fill? Yes - I am eating less, but getting hungry between meals (much of my success is plain old stubborness - some say will power - that is getting me through) and I am not seeing the weight loss that I should be. So, I will be going forward with my fill next week. Why am I even putting this here? Well, after banding I was told to make the appointment, but if I was losing weight and not hungry between meals, then I could cancel the appointment.

And of course I need to be exercising, but I am still letting my port heal in place -- don't want the stupid thing to flip -- and am waiting the 6 weeks per the doctor's office for how long it takes to fully heal. Then, back to aerobics for me!

Officially:
23 pounds down (weigh in on Wednesday - up .5)
Hunger - increased from earlier post banding weeks
No restriction
4 weeks post op (I am going to quit tracking this at 6 weeks)
Diet - Phase/Stage 3

No comments: