Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Post-Op Checkup


Well, I was supposed to have my post-op checkup today. It has been three weeks since my surgery. But I live in Texas and there is an ice/sleet storm and it is freezing! I called the doctor's office to see if I could get my appointment moved to an earlier time or moved to another day. Turns out they were going to be calling all the follow-up people anyway because of the weather. They asked me how I was doing/feeling, told them I was fine and they said I don't have to come in! So, I guess that was my follow-up. HA!

Wednesdays are going to be my official weigh-in day. Made that decision today and made up a spreadsheet for tracking my weight LOSS. Key being loss. So, officially as of today on my scale - which will be the 'real' scale. Especially since I can weigh first thing in the morning and in the buff. Who wants any extra weight, right? 210.5 today!!! That is 23.5lbs down.

My official starting weight is the weight that I weighed in on during my official first appointment for evaluation. So the loss includes the bit I lost during the pre-op diet. It was weightloss, so I am counting it in the grand total. So the timespan is 6 weeks today. That's an average of 3.9lbs/week. I know it won't stay at this pace, but I am going to take advantage of it while I can.

Officially:
23.5 pounds down
Hunger - normal - but hungrier today. Had to have a snack.
No restriction? Maybe I have some because I can't eat as much as I used to???
21 days post op
Diet - Phase 2 mushies - Last week! Then Phase 3

No comments: