Sunday, December 11, 2005

Chocolate Sundae...Oh My!


Yep, you read the title correctly, I had a chocolate sundae. Why? I wanted it. I did everything in my power to avoid, deflect, and plain tough it out, but in the end the sundae won. But did it? It was small, I enjoyed it, and I didn't eat it all. I ate it and moved on. Did it taste as good as I thought it was going to? Was it worth it? A definite yes on both accounts. So, in the end - the sundae did not win. I made a choice to eat it and enjoyed every single stinking bite!

I have been eating more things that are not on my current phase. I chew well and try to eat slowly, but have found they make me fuller. This is good, but the bad part is I have not quite figured out how to determine when I am full. I have not PB'd or anything like that --- probably because I haven't had a fill, but on a couple occasions as time went on I could tell I had eaten too much. What is weird is that I get this weird sensation in my port area. Hard to describe and not anything I have read on the boards, but it seems to be what happens to me.

I MUST do better---eat slower and measure my food to ensure that I am not eating too much. What am I doing well? I get in all my liquids, eating less, and am conscious of the food choices I am making (like the sundae).

I am not weighing myself until Wednesday. I can tell you that even though I have lost over 20lbs. clothes still SUCK! I went Christmas shopping and tried on some things and didn't end up getting anything as I resembled a stuffed sausage. It is somewhat disappointing as it *seems* that dropping that much weight should have more impact on clothes...I know that exercising will help with this. In January, it will have been 6 weeks and I will resume going to Jazzercise.

Officially:
23.5 pounds down (weigh in on Wednesday)
Hunger - normal - Choice made to have sundae
No restriction? Maybe I have some because I can't eat as much as I used to???
25 days post op
Diet - Phase 2 mushies - Phase 3 officially starts on Wednesday

No comments: