- I have 1000 unread posts in my Reader. I haven't been on the computer for pleasure in weeks. Weird.
- Work does not own me. I have proven that this holiday season. I worked reasonable hours and took time off. You know why? Because it didn't matter. Spending time with family and friends mattered. I prioritized and focused on the important stuff and got what had to be done, done. Go figure.
- I worked out my 4 times a week goal for the holidays, but I also ate whatever I wanted and enjoyed the season. I do think I gained some weight as my jeans are a bit tight, but I am the only one that notices (self, read and repeat - I am the only one that notices). This doesn't mean that I am not back on track with better choices and working out, it just means that there is a little bit of fluff, but it's temporary. (The scale is NOT the boss of me!)
- My Christmas decorations are only partially down. Yep, I'm behind. Oh well, by the end of the upcoming weekend everything will be put away.
- I am running a 5K this weekend. My goal is a bit different. My goal is to slow down. Strange, huh? Well my buddy has told me that I need to work on slowing down to finish a half marathon more comfortably. So that's what I am going to do. Oh, the half marathon comment? Uh yep, doing one. Don't know when, but this year doing one. (My BC buddy is doing TWELVE this year. Yep, 12, so I figured my lame ass could do one.)
- Wild hogs are a problem in Texas. Seriously. And, I am not just talking about the country or fondly referred to as the sticks. Also, since I am on a "wild" bullet, it's Opossum, not possum. Just sayin'
- I got really cool stuff for Christmas. A kettlebell (YAH!), a Garmin (I'll have to post more on that), a NEW Kindle, boxing mitts (cool ones that are more like gloves that hopefully my partner at BC can't knock them off as easily!), and some other stuff that I'm not remembering at the moment. Yep, me = spoiled.
- Biggest L0ser Couples starts tonight. There is a contestant (dude) that is 650lbs...yikes!
Tuesday, January 04, 2011
Day 4 and Behind?
Yep, that's me. Behind. That's how I'm starting 2011, but probably the most important thing is: I don't care. Seriously, I am continuing my work on balance. Not sweating the things that don't really matter - or maybe "matter", but I need to put into a better, more balanced perspective. So a list of random crap...