Friday, July 16, 2010

Why Do You Exercise?

  • To lose weight?
  • So you can eat whatever you want without a gain?
  • 'Cause you just "have to"?
  • You don't know?
  • Haven't really thought about it?
Well, I've been reading (and do read) a zillion blogs in Google Reader. It struck me how many times I read or read between the lines how much all of us consider exercise something we "have" to do to lose weight. And, it is true for most, but the reason is short term really isn't it? What happens when you don't have any more weight to lose? Do you stop working out? If you do, what about re-gain?
 
It got me thinking about why I exercise. The thoughts at top are what popped into my mind immediately. They just didn't seem good enough somehow. Especially when I honestly started thinking the "have to" and that I didn't know. Because there was more to exercise when I was younger (as in through my 20's and thin and exercising).

So what came to me is: I feel good after I workout. Seriously good. Really really good. Good as in healthy and strong. Did I say good? When I don't workout for a period of time - I don't feel good, start feeling "blah", have less energy, don't deal with stress as well, and many many more things. So I am going to try and focus on these reasons, which are more long term, (and maybe even a bit more motivating in a way?) when I am going to workout or on one of those days (OK - there are probably a few more than that) that I get the "I don't wannas".

Heck, I don't know. There's just a lot of crap that goes through my mind and sometimes it helps to throw it out here. Coming up in my next post - 'cause I gotta head out for some fun! - yummy boozy (as in adult) beverages to make with WATERMELON. : ) And my weekly recap....

Thanks to all of you that are following my blog. I know that everyone is in various stages of their lap band journey and it's exciting to read about your progress and I can definitely relate to your struggles. If ANYONE (follower, lurker, etc.) has a band question, please do not hesitate from asking me. I am happy to share with you my thoughts...

Happy FRIDAY!

1 comment:

DiZneDiVa said...

You are an inspiration! I am a new follower! I was banded March 23rd, 2010 and have lost over 60 pounds so far, I get weighed again on the 29th. I'm excited about catching up with your journey.*Maria*-Blogger from "This one time at Band camp..." Check out my blog at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com