- Symemetrical melon heavy for its size and free of blemishes or soft spots
- The belly button of the melon. OK, it's not really called that, but it kinda is just like a belly button isn't it? Anyway it's supposed to have clean indentations (not sure what that means), but indicates that the melon naturally detached from the stem which I guess is a good thing.
Watermelons are big right? OK, maybe I'm just saying get a BIG one. A really really BIG one. Why? Cause you don't want to let that baby go to waste, right? So what do you do???? WATERMELON MOJITO PARTY!!!! Here's the recipe. It's kinda theirs and mine because I cut out some of the calories and sure as heck still tasted good to me:
- Muddle 2 watermelon chunks with the juice of 1 lime and 2 teaspoons of sugar in a glass. That's from the recipe. Here's what I did - took a glass, filled it halfway with watermelon chunks, sprayed in some lime from one of those fake limes that is filled with lime juice (so you really don't want to juice the whole lime in this case..just sayin'), and a packet of Truvia (that natural fake sweetener. Uh huh, natural fake - I know. But it's good). Since I do not have a kitchen equipped with all the gadgets of a culinary person, I used the bottom of a wooden spoon. Pound the hell out of the stuff that's in the glass.
- Stir in a handful of mint leaves. (I put them in a pounded them around some more to get some of the mint to release.)
- 2 ounces white rum. (I used one big shot)
- Top with ginger ale (I used diet Sierra Mi$t---I think any clear soda would be fine.)
- Garnish with more mint (uh, put in a straw and get to drinkin'!)
Let me just say: YUMMY!
Workout summary from Polar for last week:
- 8 hours 15 mins
- 4900 calories