Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Freak Show in Town!

Imagine my surprise when I looked down this morning during bootcamp and saw this:

OK, a bit of an exaggeration, but honestly not by much. I am wearing some different shorts to work out because it's about 8 billion degrees and the humidity is 8 trillion percent. With that came a bit more skin for me to look at. So while doing this calf stretch:


(Uh no, that's not me. I really am a chick. I used a dude because I thought there wouldn't be any confusion that way.)

I looked back and saw - to my HORROR - these wrinkly elephant knees. Seriously NOT pretty. But skin casualty - if we forget the fact of my BOOBS which have a hard time filling a B cup (yes, B cup and yes, I'm still quite bitter) - for having lost over 100 lbs has not been significant (oh, and that I'm 41). And yes, I did glance around to see if anyone else was looking, but thankfully these bootcamp chicks are into their stretching and don't seem to notice this new freak show in town.

It's not often in everyday life  (OK never) that I find myself busting out this move, so I'm not going to worry about it, but I can't promise that I won't have an internal shudder when the freak show presents itself at bootcamp again. But when the freak show does come to town, I will remind myself of the fact that my wrinkly elephant legs can run a long distance, are strong (even have mus-cles showing), and while wrinkly in certain positions are completely normal in size.

(Image sources: http://www.hansenmaud.nl/FotosMaud/African%20Wildlife/pages/Elephant%20legs.htm and  http://www.fpes.com.au/index.php?content=rehab&stretch=calf)

No comments: