Monday, May 10, 2010

Food, food, food!

I had to go to Chicago for 3 days for work. OK, only 3 days, but it was TEAM building. TEAM building = FOOD. Seriously, from sun up to sun down with work people AND food! Did I eat some crap? Yep, I did. But I also managed to go to bootcamp on Day 1 before I left and on Day 2 I hit the exercise room at the hotel for an hour. Day 3 - I just couldn't do it. 8am - 10pm + being "on" for work mode is a killer for me. I was sleeping like crap and just plain work out. I took a day off. That's the good news.

Now for the bad news...The day off would have been OK, but then I also took Saturday and Sunday off. And, by off, I mean SLOTH central. I didn't do much of anything and on those days ate more than I would have including a significant amount of crap. I think it was really hidden? buried? emotions. Mother's Day weekend. I have a crappy relationship with my mom (translation = none) and I felt a bit of a weird sense of "I will never be a biological mother" kind of thing. Yes, these can be considered excuses, but I choose to see them as reasons. Does that make my slothness and not so stellar food choices OK? Not necessarily, but at the end of the day, we all go through ups and downs.

This was a bit of a down for me, but this morning I went to bootcamp and picked it back up again. And now that I'm typing this, I am also wondering if maybe there wasn't a bit of self-sabatoge involved? I think I also gave myself a free pass because all of my clothes are either too big or loose and "technically" I have also been weighing in less that my target range. (SELF: THERE ARE NO FREE PASSES!)

I think my port is really starting to bug me (man, this is a WHINE post. Anyone have any cheese?). It flipped right after surgery, but since it was the low profile one, I had plenty of fluff covering it, and I could still get fills (it's on - or at least it was - on it's side), I just didn't worry about it. Well, it's pretty dang noticeable at this point. The dilemma is do I really want to spend money getting it taken care of (I have been self pay my entire journey) and also have the surgery? Anyone that has insight on work on a port, please let me know!

Have a great week and anyone that might have also experienced a bit of a down - today IS the day, just leave it behind, and MOVE on. (ha ha pun)

1 comment:

Roo said...

Sorry to hear that you had a crappy eating week..I have too lately and got a fil last night to reign it in!

As for the flipped port...I had surgery again 6 weeks ago to have it turned around...my doc did it under local and it only took about 1/2 hour...and cost a hell of a lot less. Recovery is quick, but I do have another 2 inch scar just under the original one..I would do it because as you lose weight the flipped port could flip all the way!