Sunday, October 16, 2005

Tests, Tests, and More Tests!




Well, no surprise, but I was approved for lap band pending a bunch of tests. Comprehensive blood work out, sleep study, psych release, and a stress test. I think that is all of them. Luckily I hadn't eaten anything before the appointment, so I was able to go and do the blood work right away on Friday. The sleep study I signed up for Saturday night---more about that in a minute. Left a voicemail for the shrink on the psych release and scheduled the stress test for Wednesday.

So, back to the lovely sleep study. I put on one of the zillion forms that I filled out that I had started snoring. I didn't think much of it at the time 'cause what is the big deal. I figured it is a combination of allergies and being fat. Well, at the consultation they asked me a bunch of questions and at the end up it I was told that I had to have a sleep study.

Talk about wires! My best count is that there were about 25 wires attached to me! It took forever, but the good thing that by the time they were done I was actually ready to go to sleep. So, I slept and they woke me up at 6am. Unhooked me and I was on my way home. How'd it go? Who knows. I think I slept fine, but I'll have to find out for sure at another appointment.

That's the excitement from here. Over and out.

No comments: