Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Exercise - Who me?


Exercise for me ebbs and flows. When I'm doing it, I'm doing it and consistently doing it. When I'm not, I'm consistently not doing it. At least I'm consistent, right? ;)

I honestly have been too depressed to even move my fat ass lately other than what I have to do. Definitely not a good sign. I have made some small changes though that I have realized without 'forcing' myself to do so. I am no longer drinking soda and am drinking tea, water, or sugar-free Koolaid; I am consistently eating breakfast; and I am not eating in front of the TV. Baby steps - that's what it is all about.

Have the consultation on Friday and filled out the zillion pages of documentation today. It was somewhat funny when I got to the page on all the diets I have been on. There were only a couple that I haven't tried. Could either make a person laugh or cry. I decided to laugh. What is my problem? You might be thinking/asking? Well, I can take the weight off like no tomorrow! My problem is keeping it off. When I am focused 100% (dieting) things go well. I even keep the weight off for a while, but what happens is the focus diminishes because I have lost the weight and for some reason I don't have a good internal 'you're full' button. This is what the lap band --- which is only another tool --- brings to the table.

Believe me - the whole thing still scares the poop outta me, but I have done the research and talked to many people that have had it done. I plan to keep an open mind until I have my consultation on Friday. That's it for now. I am going to go read Oprah's new book club "A million pieces" which is supposedly so good that once you start reading it you can't put it down. I'll report back on that. (I did find it at Sam's club for under 8 bucks if anyone is interested.)

No comments: