Thursday, August 19, 2010

People are Special

Whether blog buddies, friends, or family, all of these people are special. I am thankful for all and how they touch my life. My hubby did something very sweet, so I had to share...


Cute, huh? These past couple of weeks have been bad at work ---- just too much work and not enough time in the day. It's been taking "our time away" as well as I've been having to work late into the evening. It made me feel extra special because he could be grumpy about our lack of time together, but instead I got this!

In other news, there was a big storm here - much needed rain and the temperature (without heat index) has stayed under 100. That's the good news. The bad news is that a house about 2 blocks from me caught fire during the storm when it was hit by lightning. I wasn't home at the time, but got home a while after to a ton of ambulances and fire trucks. While the house from the outside doesn't look too bad if you didn't know what happened, it surely must be a mess inside. I don't know who lives there, but do know that thankfully no one was hurt. Regardless what a mess for that poor family!