Sunday, October 10, 2010

Reflections...

On Saturday or Sunday, if I feel like it, I'll go on a jog. I don't count it in my weekly workout time/cals as the intent is for reflection and relaxation. It's one that's just for me.

I go to the same place that I started 5 years ago. It's a lake that has a paved loop around it that also has some incline and decline. It's quite pretty. Filled with geese and ducks and miscellaneous birds with a fountain in the middle. Most of the day, you'll see people there. These people are of all shapes and sizes and ages. The busiest time is the morning and evening when people are, I assuming, getting in their exercise for the day.

I'm one of those people (weirdos?) that will say hello, good morning, good evening, etc. to whomever I pass. I guess it's just a habit that I kinda like and have continued. Today was no different, but for some reason it triggered some thoughts for me today.

Five years ago, I started going around this lake. I started out walking around it once (it's a bit over a mile) and continued from there. I now jog around it easily 3 times in under 30 minutes and have been known to go around it 6 or 7 times. I saw a number of ladies today that don't appear to be as heavy as I was when I started, but nonetheless are not at healthy weights (whoa - hold on - not being mean!) I found myself when I said good morning to these ladies that in my head that hello really meant - please keep going, you can do it, I KNOW you can do it. When roles were reversed, I would see women that seemed to be "whizzing" by and think - "one day that WILL BE me". And today, I realized it was and started to cry. You are your best cheerleader, but I KNOW you can do it.


Happy Thanksgiving to anyone that happens to read this from Canada!

10-10-10 - How cool is that?

4 comments:

Dinnerland said...

Holy skinny biz-atch. If I saw you on the run, I would hate you and your skinny-ness.
You know what I mean, right?
I totally get crying while running-- it can be very emotional!

Jody V said...

Thanks Fluffy. Yes I can do this.

You look amazing!!

Jody

Island Bandit said...

er um can I have that body please!?!?!?! You look fantastic! And just so you know, it is culturally EXPECTED to say 'good morning/afternoon/evening' to anyone you come across here in the Bahamas. In fact, the morning of my surgery, I was sitting in the part of the reception area of the hospital that also, it turns out, serves as the entrance and exit for staff. My surgery had been rescheduled so I was there quite a few hours saying 'morning' everytime someone walked in or out and said it to me!

Sam said...

Go you :-)

You look great and I can't wait until I can say the same thing about my exercise :)