Bootcamp today...LADDERS! Narrated with comments and cheesy graphics and everything...by me!
So a ladder
Here's what we did with an added bonus of the "break" that you take between each ladder rep completion....It's really not important, but (1) I actually remembered
- Full squats (Thighs don't hit calves = trainer yell fest)
- Johnny C's (Elbows remained in tact! Gotta celebrate the small stuff, right?)
- 200 yard sprint (you call that a sprint???)
- Jumping burpee for 15 yards
- Skip lunge for 15 yards
- High knees for 15 yards (get those knees up people!)
- Oh now go back from whence you came and live the joy again to get back to the starting point - translation - repeat 3, 2, and 1 and do the next ladder.
Cause I finished? NOPE. Cause next round my husband is doing bootcamp with me! (I think he's a bit scared. Ok, I'm just telling myself that cause it's fun.) Before he signed up, I said that it was my time - ya, I know it sounds harsh - but I wasn't "momming" him to go. And, that I didn't think the mornings would work for him if he's honest with himself (he sucks at getting up as in seriously sucks hits the snooze 8 zillion times and his work schedule has many meetings that start at 7).
So, we landed on me going in the morning like I usually do, but that I will also go 3 nights a week with him as well. Uh yah, that's 8 camps a week. With the heat, I've been sticking to 5-6. It's STILL 100+ every day, but this morning it was 68 degrees! While I was training for my half, I was doing 7 camps with my long run on the weekend. So, I figure I should be OK and who knows it might even get me interested in considering another half this year. Oh well, it's only a month and Chi is in the mix which will cut bootcamp down that week.Here's to a continued cool down!