Thursday, July 30, 2009

WID...

I have been doing what I KNOW is emotional eating - I am pretty sure it is separation anxiety from my new hubby, but am still mulling it over. I think I added insult to injury on those days by not going to the gym. I was 'supposed' to on those days and it just seems to throw me off. Even if I don't get the best work out in, any kind of workout makes a difference and I have to force myself to go on planned days. (No excuses!)

Thank goodness I got myself back on track relatively quickly. How? Stern talk with self: "What the HELL are you doing???? Just go!" and forced myself to go to the gym even though it was the LAST thing I wanted to do. Lucky me it worked and helped get me back on track. I am forcing myself to weigh in on Thursdays and also blog a bit more for the next month in the hopes that it will give me an extra boost of accountability while hubby and I are apart.

And, go figure? I'm at 139 lbs for the week. Funny how sometimes when you don't eat the best or workout as much that as long as you get back inline quickly there doesn't seem to be much damage. In my case, I'm down .5 from last week. More stern talk here though: MUST focus!!! Need to stay within my set range of 138-141.

(Secret thought though - man, it would be a good use of this month to get back around 135. But I don't want to put more pressure on myself, so will just see how it goes.)

1 comment:

Jody V said...

I need to have that stern talk with myself also!! Good for you getting back on track so quickly. I really believe that is key!! I will take your motivation and run with it!!

Jody