Thursday, July 23, 2009

WOOT!

Weighed in at 139.5 lbs. I'll take it! I'm within my window and all the freaking out was for nothing! I need to remember at this point that what I am doing works for long term maintenance and to quit freaking out. Reminders to self...
  • Always eat correct portion sizes.
  • Don't drink while I eat period.
  • Make good healthy food choices (variety, variety, variety) and eat protein first most of the time.
  • Hungry between meals? Ensure that it is 'real' hunger vs. 'head' hunger. Good choices = real. Bad choices = head. If good, then have a snack.
  • Exercise a minimum of 3 times a week for 1 hour (5-6 miles jogging). 4 is better, but 3 is the minimum.
  • The scale is only a number and does not dictate how I feel. Remain in window of 138-141, but know that a zillion factors can make the scale fluctuate. (That being said, don't rationalize a gain if/when there is one if behavior has not matched these basic items outlined in this list.)
  • Remember other measurements such as clothes and fitness.
  • Maintenance is hard. Weird how a goal to maintain just doesn't provide the incentive that losing does.
  • Give myself a pat on the back now and then. I have been at my surgeon's goal weight for 2 years now. That goal was 149 lbs. I personally reset that goal lower and have maintained that for some time. My ongoing weight goal is 138-141 lbs.

No comments: