Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Weight In Day...tomorrow

Well, tomorrow is the day. I am going to jump on the scale and see where I am after not weighing in for about 6 weeks. The funny (as in stupid) thing is that since I made the decision to weigh in, it has filled me with anxiety! I feel like I have been eating everything in sight. I have been eating more and I think it is a combination of the weigh in and also separation from my husband.

We are going to be separated for five weeks seeing each other only twice (two weekends) during the entire time. Longer apart than we've been married! I guess I should be used to it with how our relationship has been "doing the long distance thing", but this is a long separation even prior to us getting married. I get lonely at night and then ya know what happens!!! The food gremlins overtake my mind!

The good news is that while I have been eating more it hasn't been crap! (Yeah me!) But calories ARE calories. I will focus on the scale showing 141. Anything below that icing on the cake. Anything above - I think I will have a bit of a meltdown, but will just need to step it up and get more control over the eating and work out a bit more to get back within my range (138-141). I'd really like to be at the 138 regardless, so if I'm not I think for the next 4 weeks (this week we were separated as well) focusing on weight loss again for a bit.

Other things I need to remember when I weigh tomorrow (so I can re-read if I freak out!):
  • My wedding dress was a size 6 and fit perfectly.

  • My clothes all fit and are a size 4-6.

  • I can easily jog 6 miles in under an hour. (Translation: I'm pretty dang fit for 40!)

  • The scale is only one measurement (re-read the bullets above)
Enough rambling! Until tomorrow...

Note to Dalia: Congratulations on your banding! I am sure you will do great. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks so much for the compliment and good wishes. I had hoped that my blog would be useful to someone. I'm glad you have found it helpful.

No comments: