Friday, April 13, 2012

Er, Friday 10

Cause of Wyatt...uh, I mean Laura. :)

(1) Thank you for the good wishes on my husband's return. You guys are so sweet.

(2) I woke up this morning with a pounding headache and head pressure from allergies. After camp today, I rushed home to get some beans in the slow cooker. I threw everything in and got on with my day. I went to check on them and all the moisture had been absorbed. Uh, I put an ENTIRE bag of dried beans in the slow cooker. Proving that a pounding headache makes my brain turn off. I now have enough beans for the entire neighborhood.

(3) I am sick of doing the garbage. No joke. It's not my job and I got married so I would never have to do it again. I am only somewhat joking, I said to him before we got married, "So, from this day forward, no more garbage duty for me, right?"

(4) While I've been avoiding food, I've been productive. I weeded our entire yard and it's now nice and mulched (thanks to the gardener for that). Here are some of the pots I planted:

(5) This arbor with the climbing jasmine has been my project for the past two years. My husband was free with his opinions, but I told him you just wait and see. This is going to be amazing. That was a lot of bravado on my part, but turns out that the hard work has paid off.
Can you smell the jasmine?
 (6) This made for a cool picture, but something was wrong with this poor little bee. He was on the flower just panting away, but I just didn't know what to do to help him. Hopefully he was taking a rest after a long flight from another flower.


(7) My cat helped me fold the laundry last week. 

(8) I have a few gnomes in my yard, but I am particular about what they look like.

(9) I'm scoping out vacations.

(10) The gnomes have been busy.

10 comments:

Cat said...

Hmmmm, what do you do with beans in the slow cooker. I am very intrigued. Do they become the meal or just a side or what??? I must know as I am fiber queen and adore beans.

I love gnomes too. We had a Philadelphia Flyers hockey gnome, but during a wind storm he flew off the deck and got his little foot broke so he wouldn't stand anymore. We have a much heavier completely white stone gnome too. He survived the storm just fine. : )

Your plants and your arbor are completely gorg!! I'm so envious as I cannot keep anything alive.

vickyd said...

I love your garden!! Mine is in desperate need of much TLC...I just need to find the time.

MandaPanda said...

Your garden is just so beautiful!!!

Catherine55 said...

I love your yard -- That jasmine is amazing!! And, I would love to know more about your bean recipe (with the right proportions of course)!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I'm with you on the garbage thing. I haven't done it in at least 10 years and don't plan on starting any time soon.

Andrea said...

Wow, love the arbor!

Morgan said...

I love your garden! And your little laundry helper. It seems like my babies just CAN'T WAIT to get everything fresh out of the dryer all covered in hair once again. :)

Lap Band Gal said...

OMG! Kitteh! What is kitteh's name? So adorbs

Laura Belle said...

Purdy yard!

I got my ass in the garden too a few weeks ago, I need to start planing some different plants this year, I always go for the same ol' same ol'. But this year I did plant all my herbs, lettuce and such in pots instead of the big garden. It's a little horticultural experiment. We'll see!

Beth Ann said...

Gnomes make me giggle. I don't know why, but every. single. time.