Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas - Outta Town - Too Tight

I track everything in a spreadsheet since being banded. It has allowed me to figure out a lot of things about my band. For one thing: before my period I am tight!!! So much so that I have to stay on liquids and can only eat a soft meal in the evening. This usually only lasts 4 days max (varies from 2-4) and an unfill is not an option. (I only have about 1.4cc in my band and would be too loose the rest of the time.)

I was out of town for Christmas and got really tight. I didn't have my spreadsheet and like a doofus swore it had not been enough time since my last period. So, I was freaking out!!! Yes, it still happens even a year out. I thought something was wrong with my band. What an idiot!!! Sure enough, 3 days later there is my friend. No band issue - whew!!!

The really tough thing though is no one in my family knows about my band. So, I had to lie and say that I wasn't feeling well --- some sort of stomach bug - ha! I certainly didn't gain any weight from Christmas as a result as one of the days I was on liquids was Christmas. Yep, I missed out on all the good food and it sucked! But oh well. Nothing I can do about it. I have learned the hard way NOT to fight my band. It always wins. At least I lost a pound :D

Official weigh in stats:
Starting weight: 234lbs
Current weight: 167lbs
Overall loss: 67lbs
Lbs to goal: 18lbs

No comments: